POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Children don't look... : Re: Children don't look... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Children don't look...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Apr 2009 03:50:01
Message: <49e591a9$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.49e4a7ea55da85cff06ce2830@news.povray.org...

> The thing is that whatever I do with the tool, whatever settings I use,
> whatever
> mouse buttons I press etc, I *always* seem to be growing horns with it :P

A useful thing is to select Use Limits in the Figure drop-down box.

Generally speaking, you should select Show All Tools, in the Window
drop-down box.

The important thing to be aware of is that you can (and often should) tweak
the sensitivity of the different tools. For the transformation tools you
mentioned , you can restrict the amount of change, or in-/decrease the
sensitivity in the Properties box: click on the black arrow following the
different transformations and click on Settings... then change the
Sensitivity and/or the Limits. However, for the basic transformations, I
always use the sliders as I find them easier to use than pulling an arm in
3D space so to speak :-)

For the Morphing Tool, you can in-/decrease the Exageration Min/Max sliders
in the Tool's box, under Combine, and the Magnitude under Create, where you
can also select the different morphing tools (Push; Pull; Smooth; Restore).

Thomas