POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hotel crime scene : Re: Hotel crime scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hotel crime scene
From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2009 23:37:41
Message: <49e55685$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r nous illumina en ce 2009-04-14 15:33 -->
> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>> I was practicing with Chief Architect, and did this hotel corridor... it was
>> so boring that I decided to have some fun adding some story to it.
>
> That looks really good!  Much more interesting too.  Something about the focal
> blur throws of my sense of scale just a bit.  Maybe a tad too much on the tape?
>  The only other things I would recommend would be to get rid of the sharp
> shadows on the lights, and, at least from my experience, pools of blood on
> carpet tend to be a little darker when dried--almost a reddish-brown color.
> Oops.  I think I've said too much.
>
>  - Ricky

I agree with you about the blood. It's MUCH to red. Even fresh blood from an
artery is not THAT red.

The shadows from the lamps looks OK to me.I've often seen shadows as sharp as those.
No problem with the blur on the police tape.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when whenever you write include, even