POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Children don't look... : Re: Children don't look... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Children don't look...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Apr 2009 10:23:43
Message: <49e49c6f@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.49e4845855da85cff06ce2830@news.povray.org...

> The alternative would be to manipulate the surface directly, I guess - but
> Poser's interface for "painting" bumps and dents onto surfaces is still a
> greater mystery to me than magnets...

The morph tool? yes, indeed. Although I think that for small local changes
that is more appropriate than the magnets. Growing horns on Jame's forehead
is really fun for instance and easy to do. Mirroring the changes afterwards
is the finishing touch. Personally, except for the built-in morphs, I rarely
use the morph tool, and practically never the magnets. However, I must say
that I did not (yet) have the need/incentive to use them. That might
change....

Thomas