POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Apr 2009 11:19:04
Message: <49e357e8$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
> OK, don't laugh. Here's the re-worked head. Well, it's better than the
> 'alien
> egg,' anyway.
>
> I can truthfully say, without hesitation, that it's difficult to model a
> human
> head out of basic shapes! (And I finally broke down and took a look at
> Burne
> Hogarth's book, "Drawing the Human Head".) There's a fine line between the
> result looking *reasonably* OK, and looking...grotesque!
>
> I need to 'live' with this result for a few days, but I *already* see a
> need for
> improvement, so I'll keep working on it. As usual, suggestions welcome
> [**groan**]

Now, this is a huge improvement indeed! Much, much better than Egghead. His
neck is a bit thick now, maybe.

As a stand-in, this is very acceptable already, but you know how things go:
next, you (or others) will want a *realistic* stand-in :-)

Thomas