POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update : Re: The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 12 Apr 2009 14:00:46
Message: <49e22c4e$1@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds-entropy AT hotmail DOT com> wrote in message
> 2) there have been a few suggestions as to the method of handling radiosity
> compatibility. How should I do this? I had intended on zeroing ambient, but
> there was a thread in which an emissive (needs new keyword due to media
> conflict) property was defined. Though a good idea, can this be implemented?
> If not, then I think I should just zero ambient as planned. Another method
> from Christian F. defined a macro on/off for ambient. Is there a consensus?
> Should I post a survey to my site or something?

I really don't see a need for a new keyword, certainly not if it has the exact
same effect as ambient.  Just omit ambient in the finish.  If people don't like
the default ambient, they should change it with the keyword that's meant to do
just that:
#default {finish {ambient 0}}
(it might be a good idea to add that line to radiosity.inc)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;