POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2009 10:54:41
Message: <49e0af31$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
> I'm still curious about my scaling and positioning questions. Since you're
> quite
> familiar with using POSER and/or other 'real' figures, can you give me any
> advice?

Feet at the origin is the way to go. This is the way of Poser and Daz, and
it is easier to pose in an environment.

Imo, scaling is not really an issue. I find it always very easy to re-scale
a figure according to my (changing) needs.

*posability* though, is an important issue. IK (or FK for that matter) would
be a needed addition for the figure to become useful. That might be a lot of
tedious work ahead, but very gratifying in the end. Years ago I did that on
a stick figure built in Moray, but also with plants (reeds for instance) to
be bent by the wind.

Thomas