POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Shay
Date: 10 Apr 2009 09:03:38
Message: <49df43aa$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> More generally, I think people tend to start watching movies with far too much
> 'expectation' baggage, whether that be 'fanon' (good word!), hype, familiarity
> with the adapted source material, or whatever.

I don't believe that's more true for sequels. I think sequels just suck.

More money, more people involved ==> More fights, more sex, more humor,
a wider demographic range for the characters, and more car chases are
added not to make the movie better for the original fans, but to make it
"good enough" for the widest possible range of people.

Even when these additional elements are good, the result can be
disappointing. No matter how well done, it's rare that the blockbuster
formula results in anything better than a "popcorn movie."

  -Shay