POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 14:33:40
Message: <49de3f84$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I like how they managed to make Shrek II *better* than Shrek I.

Hmmm. I'd say different, but yes, clearly, not bad in the way I describe. Of
course it's not a universal attribute.  Maybe I should say that *when* the
second movie sucks, and the third is good, this is why, IME.

Toy Story I think was the same sort of thing - bad second one.  (Unless I'm
misremembering.)

> Another example would be Back To The Future. Every single episode was cool.

I didn't like the second one as much there, but I'll grant it didn't follow
the pattern I described.

> Similarly, Pirates of the Caribean. First one was great. Second one was
> great. Third one was... hmm. It all kinda went a bit wrong, eh?

Oh, I thought all three were excellent.

> sorry, it sucks. Sure, lots of big-name actors. But... wuh? No, this is
> lame.

Yeah. That was rather dumb. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)