POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Apr 2009 14:29:51
Message: <49de3e9f$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 06:03:38 -0400, Bill Pragnell wrote:

>> Reloaded was also confusing (much more than the first, to the point
>> where I still can't figure some of it out)
>
> I lost a lot of respect for Reloaded when they very obviously offloaded
> a huge sub-plot to another production (the video game, I believe).

The thing that we felt the 2nd and 3rd movies didn't do was fulfill the
promise of the ending in the first.  When Neo says "I'm going to hang up
the phone and show these people what you don't want them to see", it
never really seemed to materialize.  In retrospect, I suppose it did to
an extent, but the story wasn't as focused after the first film.

Jim