POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ question : Re: C++ question Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ question
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Apr 2009 04:35:12
Message: <49ddb340$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I don't know. I've seen it happen at runtime with "trying to invoke pure
> virtual function" on Windows, and now I'm getting some of the same sorts
> of messages from a Linux program (from a place where you're supposed to
> fill in as you port it, so not entirely unexpected).

Some of the PCs at work have some software that frequently spews out
that error message.

Unfortunately, several users think that what the message is saying is
"your computer doesn't have enough virtual memory", so they want me to
add more RAM to the PC. (Yes, I realise that's completely illogical. But
they seem pretty convinced about it, and won't accept my word that it's
nothing to do with memory. But hey, I'm only a qualified computer expert...)

Even more unfortunately, the makers of the software have released an
update which completely fixes this issue - but I'm not allowed to
install it.