POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Apr 2009 04:28:46
Message: <49ddb1be$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   While the sequels definitely didn't affect popular culture so extensively
> as the first movie, especially the first sequel did have some impact. While
> making allusions to certain scenes of the first movie became an overused
> cliche in less than a year from its release, allusions to scenes from the
> second movie (especially the brawl scene) are not uncommon either.

Now I'm curios. I've never seen anybody ever allude to anything in the
sequels - only the first movie.

>   I think that what happened is that when the first movie came out, people
> started a lot of fanon about the universe of the movie. When the second
> movie came out, fans got disappointed because it was *different* from fanon.
> Basically "they changed it (ie. the movie's universe), now it sucks" (even
> though they didn't change anything; AFAIK the movie trilogy universe was
> pretty much laid out from the very beginning).

Hey, but that can happen with anything.

For me, the problem with the second film is that it seems to consist
almost entirely of fight scenes. OK, and here we have another epic
battle... why? Who are these guys? Why are we fighting them? Does it
matter what the result is? Basically Neo ended up so indestructible that
you don't *care* if he wins or loses any more.

The third movie was better. But still, I really don't like movies where
almost everybody dies.

>   Over time people got over this disappointment and actually started to
> accept the second movie as acceptable canon, and a rather good movie.
> However, for some reason people want to ignore this fact. They still want
> to think that most people hate the second movie, while that's not really
> true. What was true at first is not true anymore, but people don't want to
> believe it.

I've never met anybody who liked the sequals.

Oh, mind you... I've never met anybody who liked the first movie, so...

Personally, I liked the first one, didn't like the others. It's my
opinion, and I'm not too worried what anybody else thinks about it. ;-)