POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost City : Re: Lost City Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost City
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Apr 2009 17:11:21
Message: <49dbc179$1@news.povray.org>
Reactor wrote:
> Anyway, attached is a picture of a heighfield based water test I did fairly
> recently.  Below is the code I used for the water.

Sweet.  My experience, tho, is that water seen in a glacier like this is
blue rather than green. About the same saturation, but since it's picking up
the blue from the ice, the water looks very blue. Plus, it tends to undercut
the banks much more than you've shown.

Ignore all this if the banks are white because you're not done instead of
them being white because they're ice. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)