POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: Ive
Date: 2 Apr 2009 05:12:09
Message: <49d48169$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>>>   That's what #default { finish { ambient 0 } } is for.
>> This does not work if the texture already has a finish with ambient > 0.
>> But I'm pretty sure you know that.
>
>   Then wouldn't the correct suggestion be "don't put an 'ambient' term
> in the finish of the texture" rather than "use 'ambient 0'"?

Seems like a rhetorical question to me so here is one for you:

Wouldn't this have implied that I agree with your opinion what the
"correct suggestion" is?

I just did say that 'radiosity compatible' in relation to textures has
to do with the ambient term. I did never rule out your suggestion (it
obviously also contains a finish statement), all I wanted was to make
Kenneth (the OP) aware of this issue and how he 'solves' it should be up
to him - I think. Now call me a dumb liberal.

-Ive