POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lot of mcpov renderings here : Re: A lot of mcpov renderings here Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A lot of mcpov renderings here
From: Ive
Date: 1 Apr 2009 14:01:33
Message: <49d3abfd@news.povray.org>
sooperFoX wrote:
> This is after almost 9 hours on 4 cores (which
> ended up running about 46 passes each in that time) at 1920x1200, and then
> averaged and scaled by half to 960x600. Each of the 4 full-size images is still
> fairly noisy but once they are averaged and scaled down it's not so bad.

Err, did you add the mc_sky keyword like...

sphere { 0, 1000
   pigment {image_map {hdr "D:\Maps\HDR\kitchen_lat_long" map_type 1}}
   finish {ambient 1 diffuse 0}
   montecarlo { mc_sky { 100 }}
}

...to your HDRI sphere?

Just curious 'cause I've rendered similar scenes with MCPov within 2
hours on 1 core with acceptable results. But there might be something
special with this one...

-Ive