POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media & Glass Question : Re: Media & Glass Question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media & Glass Question
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 31 Mar 2009 06:03:49
Message: <49d1ea85@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49d146c530aab8122f4aa4190@news.povray.org...
> So what you need is either an "open" shape with a surface that models
glass
> sufficiently well without relying on IOR (which is difficult)

well this excercise has proven that ....

> Or a single lathe
> object comprised of a closed spline, or something alike.

well it's back to school for me on this subject .... I thought that's what I
had with the lathe object. I even set up a "Spline Lab" environment simular
to that outlined in the documentation. I'll be reading between the lines to
see what I've missed. I may be slow but I eventually get there.

Ciao