POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media & Glass Question : Re: Media & Glass Question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media & Glass Question
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 31 Mar 2009 05:55:19
Message: <49d1e887@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message

> As you can see, the ior does affect the background even if you only pass
trough
> one surface. The sphere is also visible on the right where you see it
trough the
> side of the cylinder.
> On the left, the sphere is completely invisible, but is very visible on
the right

ah yes simular to some tests I did ....

a differenced cone fixed the problem I was having with the infinately thin
walls of the lathe object. Before I did that scaling the entrie object by
100 didn't give any joy, just like the open/hollow cone .....

I wanted the globe to have a curved profile not straight, so maybe a merge
of a cone and an irregularly scaled sphere, then difference to trim out the
inside might suit .... maybe an isosurface with thickness.

thanks for your insights.

Jim