POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AOI pattern : Re: AOI pattern Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOI pattern
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 30 Mar 2009 18:33:05
Message: <49d148a1$1@news.povray.org>
Reactor wrote:

> The issue arises when you transform an object
> with the aoi pattern - it has a tendency to transform the provided aoi vector,

Or rather *not* to transform the aoi vector, while you expect
it to move with the object? At first glance, it looks like the
transforms are only used to warp the point at which the texture
will be evaluated, parameters of the texture are not adapted.
I just tried a "slope y" texture, apply this to an object
and rotate it and the slope reference will still be y.