POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media & Glass Question : Re: Media & Glass Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media & Glass Question
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 30 Mar 2009 15:15:44
Message: <49d11a60@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49d10dc330aab812f708085d0@news.povray.org...
> Duh - from the looks of it, I'd say your glass globe is *solid*!

well double duh .... that's what appears to be happening but I've proven
that the globe is a tube. I gave it just a pigment and rotated it so I could
see ALL the way throught it!

I even used just a plain cone object with open and hollow keywords and the
effect is still there.

> So your objects *do* intersect - not their surfaces, but their volumes.

doesn't open (if applicable) and hollow keywords overcome that problem?

Cheers