POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media & Glass Question : Media & Glass Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Media & Glass Question
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Mar 2009 10:58:44
Message: <49cf8ca4@news.povray.org>
Howdy,

I'm working on this brass lamp as a logo for my project (LAMP server) home
page, and I'm wondering about a problem when I put the glass globe on the
lamp. BTW: I can't take credit for the flame and I don't remember the user
however in the macro the title "Tea Light" was mentioned. Nice macro ....
dropped right into my scene with no problems.

Back to the problem .... the globe is a lathe object and it's very carefully
placed to avoid coincidence surfaces. The glass is lifted from "simple
glass" in the glass includes. The media containers for the flame show up
when ior is anything > 1 ... set at 1 the glass just doesn't look right,
besides that's not correct anyway (for glass).  I've been pretty careful
about making sure textures are radiosity compatible, so I'm fairly sure I've
avoided the "rookie" mistakes, so if anyone has and idea's I'd appreciate
any pointers you'd have to offer.

I'd like to include the globe on the lamp, but it looks pretty decent
without it. The flame looks outstanding! Thanks "Tea Light" artist!!!

Cheers Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Fossil.png' (240 KB)