POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another illusion : Re: Another illusion Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another illusion
From: Warp
Date: 28 Mar 2009 13:47:55
Message: <49ce62cb$1@news.povray.org>
Eriban wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Eriban wrote:
>>> Actually, what you see is the tail of a (table-sized) dragon
>>   Ever considered creating a good dragon skin texture for it?
>
> Not really. I am quite happy with this strange-looking, fantasy-like, green
> texture with pink spots.

  No offense intended, but the current texture just doesn't look good,
IMO. It's one of those "beginner POV-Ray user textures". It doesn't look
realistic nor does it blend in the image (even if the image is supposed
to be a more abstract one).

  Even if you want a green texture with pink spots, you can still make
it look like it is the skin of a real critter, which really is there
among the other objects. It just needs a bit more work.

  Maybe a normal pattern and a proper finish could do marvels. Perhaps
work on the pigment itself as well a bit more (make it slightly less
uniformly colored).