POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Mar 2009 10:36:46
Message: <49cb92fe$2@news.povray.org>
High!

Cousin Ricky wrote:

> I didn't make a Trinidad and Tobago; not enough of a challenge, I
> guess.  Instead I submit nearby countries Barbados and St. Vincent and
> the Grenadines.  (I have flags languishing of even closer countries,
> Venezuela (which is a good swim from Trinidad) and Grenada, as well as
> T&T itself. However, they are from my pre-POV-Ray days.)

Impressive... how did you the coats-of-arms of the Virgin Islands? Did
you use that famous Python script to convert GIMP bezier paths into POV
splines?

I plan to do two versions for each country, a simple one and a more
intricated one containing also the coat-of-arms (if given), depending on
the use of the texture.

Here is what I put together up to now:
1. Afghanistan (of course ;-))
2. Poland
3. Spain
4. Switzerland

...more to come!

See you in Khyberspace! (yes, there will be also flags of POVghanistan
and Khyberspace!)

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flag_afghanistan.png' (2 KB) Download 'flag_poland.png' (2 KB) Download 'flag_spain.png' (2 KB) Download 'flag_switzerland.png' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'flag_afghanistan.png'
flag_afghanistan.png

Preview of image 'flag_poland.png'
flag_poland.png