POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Textured block pattern problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Textured block pattern problem
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 24 Mar 2009 20:51:36
Message: <49c98018$1@news.povray.org>
High!

While playing around with procedurally generated countries' flags, I
tried to use them in patterns... and to make it simple in the beginning,
I started with a checker pattern containing the flags of Palau and
Trinidad and Tobago:

The include file containing the texture definitions (I plan to program
all sovereign countries' flags of the world later on):

// beginning of procflags.inc

#declare F_NoLights =
finish
{
   ambient 1
   diffuse 0
}

#declare P_Flag_Palau =
pigment
{
   spherical
   color_map
   {
     [0 rgb <0, 0.75, 1>]
     [0.0001 rgb <0, 0.75, 1>]
     [0.0001 rgb <1, 1, 0>]
   }
   // translate <-0.1, 0, 0.03>
}

#declare T_Flag_Palau =
texture
{
   pigment { P_Flag_Palau }
   finish { F_NoLights }
}

#declare P_Flag_TrinidadAndTobago =
pigment
{
   gradient x
   triangle_wave
   color_map
   {
     [0.87 rgb <1, 0, 0>]
     [0.87 rgb 1]
     [0.92 rgb 1]
     [0.92 rgb 0]
   }
   rotate y*45
}

#declare T_Flag_TrinidadAndTobago =
texture
{
   pigment { P_Flag_TrinidadAndTobago }
   finish { F_NoLights }
}

// end of procflags.inc

And the actual test scene:

// beginning of procflagstest.pov

#include "procflags.inc"

plane
{
   y, 0
   texture
   {
     pigment
     {
       checker
       pigment { P_Flag_Palau }
       pigment { P_Flag_TrinidadAndTobago }
     }
     finish { ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
   }
}

camera
{
   location <0, 10, 0>
   look_at 0
   angle 40
}

// end of procflagstest.pov

...but the textures continue through the checker pattern rather than
being "copied" into each checker cell (see attached picture) - is this a
general shortcoming of the checker pattern, or are there ways to avoid this?

See you on www.khyberspace.de!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: