POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDR Backplate : Re: HDR Backplate Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR Backplate
From: CShake
Date: 22 Mar 2009 22:21:13
Message: <49c6f219$1@news.povray.org>
Edouard wrote:
> When I was shooting lightprobes last week, I also tried shooting some HDR
> backplates with the intention of trying to work out how to put them into a
> scene (ala http://www.hdri-locations.com/).
>
> First attempt...
>
> Cheers,
> Edouard.

Nice job!
One thing I notice is the car seems to be floating a tiny bit. I think
it is just the fact that you're trying to map grass (which should have
real height) onto a flat plane, so while the wheels are touching the
plane they look like they are floating on the grass.
To overcome that you might need to use pavement or other flat surfaces
(like they use at hdri-locations), or add a bit of correctly colored
grass blades in front of the tires.

Still very impressive though!

cshake