POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skin Deep : Re: Skin Deep Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skin Deep
From: Alain
Date: 22 Mar 2009 16:18:32
Message: <49c69d18@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot nous illumina en ce 2009-03-22 04:06 -->
> That is very good indeed!
>
> However (there always is a however it seems) what is missing now is the
> shadow as it were of the finger bones. The fingers now seem empty wax
> containers. You could try with the Poser skeleton maybe. I am not sure, as I
> have never used it, but it should be complete and accurate.
>
> Thomas

Acording to my own experience, when light diffuse trough the hand's skin like
that, you have a hard time noticing the bones at all, maybe a prety slight
darkening in the middle, but that's all.

So, for the hand, ignoring the bones seems to be an acurate compromise.

--
Alain
Islam: If shit happens, kill the person responsible.