POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL question : Re: SQL question Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SQL question
From: scott
Date: 16 Mar 2009 03:51:47
Message: <49be0513$1@news.povray.org>
> What indexes have you defined? If you define an index over expid, you may
> see a speed increase. 11 seconds seems a bit long for any query on a table
> with indexes.

I had an index on expid already, but looking at it again I think the test
case I used was artificial because almost all of the data was from just one
expid.  Using the query for this one, where 99% of records were for this ID,
it took the 11 seconds, but when querying for other expids (where they took
up less than 1% of the table) was way way faster, like 0.1 seconds or
something.  I guess if the intermediate result somewhere consists of almost
the whole table it causes some slowdown...