POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ooops. Odd blotches. : Re: Ooops. Odd blotches. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooops. Odd blotches.
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 13 Mar 2009 08:19:42
Message: <49ba4f5e$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> "[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> This image uses radiosity, but I doubt it caused the odd blotches.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas about what these are? Once I can figure it out,
>> I'll
>> rerender...as it took 13hr..
>
> They look like radiosity artifacts to me. Try raising the count. Also,
> make sure
> recursion_limit is high enough that radiosity rays are making it through
> the
> water surface!
>
> Bill

Turns out that it was MTL... O_o'

I fixed my isosurface. And I found a bug in my macros.
Apparently, something does not like it when your trace test vector is
different between calls to the various macros. WTF? I thought that I had
written them so that it didn't matter. Guess I was wrong.

Once this next render is done I will post its source, as I am not seeing the
problem.

My next version will probably include the glacier iso and snow macros, so I
can have spring on the lower left and winter on the upper right, just to get
some thematic asymmetric balance in there.

ian