POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Observatory : Re: Observatory Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Observatory
From: Mike Hough
Date: 13 Mar 2009 05:48:29
Message: <49ba2bed@news.povray.org>
Was trying to make it look like it was sunrise but may have ruined it by
lightening the image in photoshop. This is the original image without any
post-processing, not that it is any better. The moon is just a glow object
so it doesn't show any phase.

"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
>> This is a scene I put together for the IRTC several years ago and was
>> never really thrilled with how it looked. Been attempting to convert it
>> a mcpov scene off and on for several weeks, which has proven difficult
>> with how many different textures and objects involved. This is the result
>> of about 17 hours rendering. While it looks quite a bit better than the
>> original I am still not really happy with it.
>
> I'm very confused by the lighting and shadows.  That looks like the moon
> in
> the sky at night, but then there seems to be a big light source behind the
> camera somewhere.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'YERKES_mapov2.jpg' (108 KB)