POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL question : Re: SQL question Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SQL question
From: scott
Date: 13 Mar 2009 04:23:37
Message: <49ba1809$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know. I'd say it's more "correct" in some abstract theoretical
> sense, since the only reason you're grouping is to get unique rows. And it
> works in the case you're trying. :-)
>
> If you wanted to know how many different types of events each experiment
> yielded, you'd do something like
>   select expid, count(eventid) from exp group by expid
> or something like that. (Not gonna fire up SQL to try it.)
>
> But you see what I'm saying there.

Yeh I see what you're saying, I'll have to work on importing more realistic
data as my test data is a bit artificial.  But the speed so far seems fine
and I'm pretty confident that SQL CE will be capable of doing everything I
need.  If I had known it was this easy to set up and work with .net I might
have used it for some other projects too rather than struggling with
filtering and sorting arrays and other data containers!