POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Room : Re: The Room Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Room
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Mar 2009 22:15:08
Message: <49b9c1ac$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I'm still wondering a bit what exactly is it that you mean with that.
> I don't fully understand.

In animation, there's something called "Line of action".

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/use-line-of-action-to-maintain-guts-of.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1027706/Line-of-Action-and-Law

The figure looks like the different parts of the body are going different
ways. I'd think an arched back with hands slightly in front and down would
make it look more balanced.

>   I assume it's clear the figure is facing left and looking up?

Perhaps it's a lack of directional clues (like nose and ears) combined with
an odd angle that makes it hard to see.  Yes, he looks like he's looking up,
but the other limbs aren't convincing to me.

But it looks like the knees are bent but the hips are level, the elbows are
bent, the hands are a bit weirdly placed... It just doesn't look like the
figure is real. Maybe the artist just stuck the doll there, but I thought
you were going for a sense of the figure being live.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)