POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva Sails Away (again) : Re: Eva Sails Away (again) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva Sails Away (again)
From: Alain
Date: 12 Mar 2009 14:55:35
Message: <49b95aa7$1@news.povray.org>
Arttu Voutilainen nous illumina en ce 2009-03-11 14:41 -->
> Paolo Gibellini wrote:
>> The scene is peacefully, beautiful.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Regarding the waves, we don't see what if you have imagined at the left
>> (a shore? the mouth of a river?), they are a bit unusual but I like them.
>
> Well, to be honest, I have no idea myself what could have caused them. I
> just liked them that way, too, and decided to render the image anyways
> to see all the things I should fix.
>
>> Tee boat (as Warp notes) compared with the overall scene (trees, water,
>> ...) needs perhaps some details.
>
> Yep. It shall be done.
>
> Btw, what do you people think about the trees? Do they look good enough?
>
>> ;-)
>> Paolo
>>

> -- Arttu "Blizzara" Voutilainen
> -- http://blizzara.zbxt.net:8000/Plone/
>

>>> Arttu Voutilainen  on date 07/03/2009 20:02 wrote:
>>> I think this one is starting to look pretty good. Since last version
>>> I've changed the texture on the trees, fixed the problem I had with
>>> media and turned water-plane into an isosurface.
>>>
>>> Took 25h 30min to render with pov3.7-b29 on AMD64 3500+.
>>>
>>> So, any comments, critiques, anything?
>>>
>>> -- Arttu "Blizzara" Voutilainen
>>> -- http://blizzara.zbxt.net:8000/Plone/

You use a waves pattern. That pattern is circular.
What you need to do to make it more straigh: translate it more to the left by a
large amount, like 1000 to 10000. You can also scale in unevenly: scale<1,1,500>
to make them almost parallel to the z axis, then rotate it somewhat to orient
the waves as you like.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you hate games, but you buy Riven