POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL question : Re: SQL question Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SQL question
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 12 Mar 2009 07:23:46
Message: <49b8f0c2$1@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
>My goal is to calculate, for example, the % of experiments that have had a
>certain EventID happen one or more times.

This probably won't help too much following the context established by some
other posts, but if you were just attempting to analyze the data from within
an app you could try C# aggregate functions... You can do % and count, as
well as many other things with those:

saleTotalValueNet_label.Text =
Convert.ToString((decimal)newDataSet.SaleItems.Compute("SUM([totalWithTax])",
""));

Some solution based on this sort of thing would not work as quickly as a
TSQL statement, but I seriously doubt it would increase your DB size either.

If you had a partially narrowed down dataSet, you could just perform the
requisite calculations with aggregate functions (and their output) once to
get the values you are looking for. I don't know what the scope of analysis
or refresh interval might be, and both of which will affect your selection
of an acceptable compound solution.

Just a half-asleep thought...

ian