POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Review? : Re: Documentation Review? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Review?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 Mar 2009 06:08:10
Message: <49b8df0a@news.povray.org>
news:49b84659@news.povray.org...
>   In my opinion the degree of SDL example code layout should depend on the
> *relevance* of that specific block of code in the context of the example.

hadn't thought about it like that .... a good entry point!

>   The thing is, usually you only want to make the parts *relevant* to the
> example stand out. The other parts are just filler code to make the scene
> complete.

I toyed with the idea of wrapping those preformatted text blocks in the
<source> (a highlighting extension) but then that would only make it pretty
for the Wiki version NOT the distribution versions (unless some style was
defined). Over use of bold and italic can be messy as well. Simple, obvious
is what I'm looking for .... good comments. I'll let it percolate for a bit
a see what bubbles up!

Jim