POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Moss Vine test [~30k] : Re: Moss Vine test [~30k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moss Vine test [~30k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 11 Mar 2009 17:43:59
Message: <49b8309f@news.povray.org>
Ok, a little better here. Well...at least a bit closer to what I'm shooting
for. It is clear that I will need to add another inside() test for whatever
object is being grown upon, as you can see here some of these clumps are
partially within the column.

I think I need to add the capability to not create hidden objects. There are
two ways which come to mind, the first of which being to detect all vectors
on the target object which are hidden and exclude them from the generation
of random vectors in that macro. This seems like it might be the most
efficient way method. The second of which would be to perform the test
within the object placement macro.

I'm not sure which would give the best results, so I guess I'll need to
implement both and see what happens.

I think the macro that clipka posted in response to my hidden glow problem
will do the trick nicely.

Any thoughts?

ian

Post a reply to this message