POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Korat flightline ( a WIP ) as I have it so far : Re: Korat flightline ( a WIP ) as I have it so far Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Korat flightline ( a WIP ) as I have it so far
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Mar 2009 05:19:36
Message: <49b78228@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> schreef in bericht

> Out of curiosity ... what's the benefit of that as opposed
> to actually giving the plane more distance?

Generally there is no real benefit, except for showing moons or planets for
instance. And sometimes it is easier to place/scale an object closer than it
would be in reality, for instance if you do not take the trouble to check
the relative sizes between unrelated objects (just laziness).

Thomas