POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : When will Bet 30 for Linux come out : Re: When will Bet 30 for Linux come out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When will Bet 30 for Linux come out
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Mar 2009 00:10:28
Message: <49b5e834$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:31:28 -0400, Txemi Jendrix wrote:

> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Txemi Jendrix wrote:
>> > Yes, but when will any beta for linux come out?.
>>
>> Are you implying there has never been *any* Linux beta or *any* source
>> code released?
>
> No. Just keep reading my post. I think it's perfectly clear what I want
> to say.

You seem to be saying that you're upset that the VOLUNTEERS who build
this code haven't done so for Linux.

Well, dude, they volunteer their time to do this.  People get busy.
Relax, it'll be here when it's here, and not a minute before then.

Don't forget that you're not paying for their time or efforts.  The
software is provided gratis.  Nobody *owes* you anything when it comes to
beta (or, for that matter, release) software.

I will grant that it would be nice to know, but it's not always possible
to predict people's work schedules.  So chill and let people get the
stuff done.

Jim