POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC... : Re: The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC...
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2009 14:32:15
Message: <49b560af$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> We are talking about the same thing. :-)

Could be.

> My understanding from that thread was that it is ActiveX.

I wouldn't be surprised. But being ActiveX doesn't preclude it being other
things as well. Technically, Word is ActiveX as well. :-)

> And I'm sure
> there's a way to install an extension for FF without invoking FF, that's
> probably what Microsoft has done.

Yeah. And FF is designed to support that, so I'm at a loss why people thing
something's done wrong. :-)

> Except that it should be designed properly to begin with. :-)

Hard to do, with conflicting requirements. Very difficult to design one car
that supports both Indy racing and people who don't know how to drive.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)