POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC... : Re: The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The really annoying thing about Vista's UAC...
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2009 13:14:51
Message: <49b54e8b$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Maybe.  But they probably are supposed to install it like people who
> don't know computers use computers.

I think I did it again. :-) I'm not talking about first setting up the OS.
I'm more talking about the people who complain they get dozens of UAC
prompts a day.

>> I never heard of such an ActiveX, so I can't comment.
>
> I thought it was the one that started this thread (come to think, it was
> another) - a silently installed control in FF on Windows that comes with
> the .net framework update.

Oh, I didn't realize that was ActiveX.  I wasn't aware you *could* "silently
install" a plug-in in firefox. Every time I install one or it gets upgraded,
Firefox is very in my face about it.

> Yes, but I think that comes down to poor education on computers in
> general. :-)

Exactly. That's my point. If you're educated enough to know what you're
doing, you're educated enough to adjust it to behave how you want it to.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)