POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : When will Bet 30 for Linux come out : Re: When will Bet 30 for Linux come out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When will Bet 30 for Linux come out
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Mar 2009 08:02:02
Message: <49b5053a$1@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix wrote:
> Yes, but when will any beta for linux come out?.
> I've been waiting for months and nothing moves. Windows builds come out (beta
> 30, beta 31, maybe even beta 32) but the linux ones remain as a promise and
> only as a promise. You didn't release the source code so there's no chance for
> us.

You have the last Linux beta (with linux-specific files) and the current
.31 source. I don't see what's stopping you making a .31 linux build for
your own use from that; it's not rocket-science to drop the generic source
into the .29 linux code tree, and probably more productive than complaining
here.

As for why it's not done: the folks who do our Linux work seem to be
otherwise occupied.

-- Chris