POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : On the streets... : Re: On the streets... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On the streets...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Mar 2009 08:52:12
Message: <49b3bf7c@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
>> - The buildings have been created using Sam Benge's Simulated Technology
>> macro. The resulting isosurfaces were transformed into meshes with Bill
>> Pragnell's Mesh Approximator.
>
> Haha, I'd forgotten I even posted that - it was a wip halfway to the
> meshrelief
> macros! You are obviously a compulsive hoarder of macros... (it's good
> that
> somebody is - there must be so much code posted here that never gets
> polished
> enough to make it to the object collection, etc)

Now that you mention this: I wonder what happened to my copy of the
meshrelief macros then? I seem to have mixed things up there. Strange... I
shall have a look. I was certain that I used the latest version...

> The wolves look quite large, is that deliberate? There's something about
> the
> clouds that doesn't look quite right too, I think they need a little
> noise.
> Otherwise, this looks very good. I like the ground texture!

I used the size from Poser, in comparison to the Poser characters, which is
in balance. Remember however that the girls are not adult size.
Yes the clouds are rather basic and I may work a bit more on them. I shall
see.

Thomas