POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva Sails Away (again) : Re: Eva Sails Away (again) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva Sails Away (again)
From: CShake
Date: 7 Mar 2009 14:35:42
Message: <49b2cc8e$1@news.povray.org>
Arttu Voutilainen wrote:
> I think this one is starting to look pretty good. Since last version
> I've changed the texture on the trees, fixed the problem I had with
> media and turned water-plane into an isosurface.
>
> Took 25h 30min to render with pov3.7-b29 on AMD64 3500+.
>
> So, any comments, critiques, anything?
>
> -- Arttu "Blizzara" Voutilainen
> -- http://blizzara.zbxt.net:8000/Plone/

Very nice water (texture, reflection, basic shape)!
One thing I'd suggest is making the water interact with the shore a
little more, right now it just seems to flatten out at the edges. With
real water, the height of the wave above the neutral surface plane
changes with the depth, with waves slowing down and getting both taller
and thinner as they reach the shore. Right at the shore they may break
if the seabed has a shallow angle, though maybe not with waves this small.

Similarly the waves seem to remain the same height as they go to the
horizion - usually at that distance various frictional losses and such
in the water will make the ripples decay, which doesn't seem to happen.

Think about what is causing the waves, where is it and is it really
making such uniform disturbances?