POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] : Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Mar 2009 11:00:03
Message: <49b14883$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>After much reworking, there are some improvements but I still feel
>>that I don't have a grip on this yet.
>

> OMGWTFYouMustHaveWayTooMuchTime...

I might say the same of you!  Thanks so much for the radiosity tuts you
did, for instance.

But yeah, these models do take a lot of time.  Not just the detail but
the reworking and experimenting with various approaches. How to
'pattern' the polygons within different structures for best smoothing
together with what approach best lets you envision and develop the shape
of the thing.