POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] : Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Mar 2009 10:51:15
Message: <49b14673$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Mike, I am curious about where it is going too. Really it started
that I just wanted to do a ruins motif such as from any European
landscape tradition. In POV I have generally stayed away from landscape
but the ruins thing seemed the entre I needed to try it. Inspired
initially by Thomas's experiments with the theme and by Bill's redesign
of his mesh macros (originally weathered brick macros.)* But w/o
capitals on the columns I wasn't getting to the look I wanted so I
resigned myself that I had to do a capital.  Figured as long as I was
doing it, might as well do the Corinthian.  Thought also it would be a
platform for experimenting with more weathering techniques.

*Thought of toying with Bill's macros along the lines of using a
multi-step process, for rather than his current 2-step technique, for
aiming the trace rays.