POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corrosion [~125k] : Re: Corrosion [~125k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corrosion [~125k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 5 Mar 2009 08:55:20
Message: <49afd9c8$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:49af906a@news.povray.org...

> The start is very promising I believe. Imo, the corrosion will look even
> better if the metal itself is also rusty, as it often is at the same time.

Agreed, however I leave that part up to the user, as this just corrodes
whatever you tell it to.
I was trying to use some sort of crackle around the edges of the corrosion,
but that didn't work.
I guess I could scale the main blob used to do the corroding, but would that
not be unpredictable and invoke more of a memory overhead than is needed?

ian