POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : On the streets... : On the streets... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  On the streets...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Mar 2009 08:38:29
Message: <49afd5d5@news.povray.org>
This is a scene already far advanced beyond the conceptual stage. It is part
of my Cathy's World Series (#7). The following elements have been used:

- The buildings have been created using Sam Benge's Simulated Technology
macro. The resulting isosurfaces were transformed into meshes with Bill
Pragnell's Mesh Approximator.
- The street lamps come from Gille Tran's Wet Bird scene. I added the light
bulbs :-)
- Sidewalks are Moray built superellipsoids
- The street surface was obtained by processing an image_map with Jaime Vive
Piqueres' Proceduralize macro
- Moon halo with Megapov glow
- Old truck (Russian) comes from the Taschen Object Collection
- Girls and wolves are Poser6&7 figures. Added ambient to make eyes glow
- AA and radiosity added (with thanks to Clipka)

To do: replace the ground fog by a density media. This will show the cones
of light (I hope). An initial try out with individual media cones was far
from convincing.
To do: street lamps and wolves seem to float slightly above ground.

With thanks to the French POV-Ray gang who already shot at me repeatedly :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'On the Streets_08.jpg' (207 KB)

Preview of image 'On the Streets_08.jpg'
On the Streets_08.jpg