POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corrosion [~125k] : Corrosion [~125k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Corrosion [~125k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 4 Mar 2009 14:26:56
Message: <49aed600@news.povray.org>
Building once again upon the core of the snow macro, here are some corrosion
textures with true displacement. Thus far, you may choose to have the effect
protrude from the surface or be subtracted from it giving an acid etched
look. You may specify a single vector as the only trace point, or as the
center point (or otherwise) of various methods of casting the effect upon
the surface, including from all sides.

The colormaps used here were taken from many images of corossion of the
appropriate metals, and appear in order they were found on those surfaces.
(ColorImpact SLAYS, and exports to pov compatible 0-1 RGB format).

From left to right using single vector casting are Aluminum, Copper, and
Ferrous metal corrosion effects. Please ignore the crappy metal texture I
used on the main object, you choose what texture is input to the macro to be
corroded. I am exploring the ability to use an image to place the effect on
a given surface, effectively allowing you to "paint" it on to one degree or
another.

Keep in mind this is my first shot at this, so it isn't exactly where I want
it quite yet.

ian

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: