POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #2 : Re: Ruins WIP #2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruins WIP #2
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Mar 2009 19:11:55
Message: <49adc74b$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> This was such a nice result I thought I had to share it.
>
> I'm pretty happy with the basic layout, although I might tweak the camera
> viewpoint to sort out the visibility of the columns on the far side. Then I
> need to put brickwork in the outer walls, some extra detailing here and there,
> the floor, some vegetation...
>
> Comments welcome as always
>
> Bill

Coming along beautifully. Right now, as a WIP it does carry a sense of
tidied up ruin, as if it is 'ruin' on display in a museum, much because
of the clean ground plane.  Some of this effect is also derived I think
from the present day look of ruins, where a column has been rebuilt from
  fractured stones, but there isn't always the sense that it was those
exact stones in that exact column that were stressed together initially.

There is a very nice feel of a sort of sandstone or even soft marble
about the whole thing.  I am really excited to see wher ethis goes.

-Jim