POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! : Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here!
From: Chris B
Date: 2 Mar 2009 12:23:52
Message: <49ac1628$1@news.povray.org>
"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote in message news:49abfc3f$1@news.povray.org...
> Wouldn't that be "pre alpha"? 1.0 is likely a year away.

As somebody says it's only a Pre-Alpha. There's a release roadmap at
http://makehuman.wiki.sourceforge.net/Release_RoadMap which places the full
release about 8 months away. On the other hand, as Greg pointed out, the
POV-Ray export already works and should enable you to use new features as
they get rolled out. The main one IMO being the ability to pose figures
which is currently timetabled for May.

I've been using the POV-Ray export to help with the documentation and used
it to generate the body part browser here:
http://makehuman.sourceforge.net/FaceGroups/BodyBrowser.html and the
ethnicity turntable tool here:
http://makehuman.sourceforge.net/Ethnic_Groups/ethnicity.html?GroupName=Pigmy,Khiosan.

I'm still enhancing the POV-Ray export functionality, so if anyone has any
spiffing ideas, or wants to help, let me know.

Regards,
Chris B.