POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revenge of the Scarabs : Re: Revenge of the Scarabs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revenge of the Scarabs
From: St
Date: 28 Feb 2009 18:11:02
Message: <49a9c486$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49a994ccf3f1ac26e41007250@news.povray.org...
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> I think the film you are referring to might be called: Them!
>>
>>  Could be wrong though, although, it was an ant horror film from the 50's
>> or
>> 60's I think.
>
> The German title of the movie you are referring to (1954 according to
> Wikipedia... heh, did you know that Leonard Nimoy appeared in that
> movie?),
> "Formicula", did come to my mind already, but that's not the movie I mean.

     Oh well, it was worth a try. Quite a good film if I remember correctly.
Giant ants building giant nests underground in one of the many deserts in
America. And of course, the queen has many babies... EOTWAWKIJ! ;)

> Duh, that was an easy one - googling for "movie ants scifi" actually
> brought up
> the IMDB entry as first hit, and the title immediately "clicked" with me:
> "Phase IV", 1974, GB.

   Can't remember seeing this one, although I may have. I'll go look where
you did.

      ~Steve~