POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : just messin around. [200k] : Re: just messin around. [200k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: just messin around. [200k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 27 Feb 2009 04:08:07
Message: <49a7ad77$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:49a7a2eb$1@news.povray.org...
> He he... you test clouds, but the water dominates the image.... :-)

Yeah, I was kinda going for a replication of the sky_sphere test scene that
I linked to, with a little artistic licence.

> That said, I think the clouds look very good.

Why thank you. :)
Those are some of the oldskool plane clouds turned media that I posted a
while back.
Just a little more work on them, and I'll have them where I want them and
usable for almost any type of scene. I'm also on home stretch with the
snow/icicle macro I've been working on. I'd like to eventually build a kind
of framework of weather/landscape macros, with maybe some grass, rain, water
and rocks thrown in the mix.

Speaking of such, have you experimented with your moss texture and the
(deprecated now) snowmacro core? I think that could be very cool.

> The water... hm, hm... I am not a particular fan of this one. At least, I
> think you should scale up one dimension (x or z) and a bit od rotation
> around y to give a better idea of wave trains.

Nor am I, its just not right. Circular waves? Not good. I think heteroMF
might work better. I'll work on that aspect of things once I get this
snowmacro done, at least enough for a beta release.

ian