POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : weird media artifacts? : Re: weird media artifacts? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird media artifacts?
From: CShake
Date: 26 Feb 2009 21:49:00
Message: <49a7549c@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.45125e6ed84b4b77cc29cf380%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=302031
> &toff=1350
>
> I've been following your previous post about using a 'diffusion gel' in front of
> a spotlight, to mimic real-world theater lighting. Frankly, I was wondering
> if/when you might run into such problems.  *Hopefully*, I'm wrong about your
> specific problem, and that you'll find a workaround. :-)
>
> Ken W.

Unfortunately, it's not something that seems to have been fixed with the
beta. Here is a simpler test image, it renders identically in all the
version I have to test in: Windows: Offical 3.6.1 & 3.7b31 and MegaPOV
1.2.1; Mac OS X: official 3.6.1, MegaPov 1.2.1 (PowerPC)

I didn't try clipka's idea of media sampling quality yet, but here's the
code for this test image so you can verify:

//Code Start
global_settings{
	#if(version < 3.7)
		assumed_gamma 1.0
	#end
}
#default{texture{finish{ambient 0}}}

camera{location <-10,0,-30> look_at <0,0,0>}

light_source{
	20*y rgb <0.5,0.5,1.0>*100
	spotlight radius 8 falloff 18
	point_at 0
	fade_distance 2*pi fade_power 2
}

light_source{
	-30*z rgb <1,0.8,0.5>*100
	spotlight radius 8 falloff 12
	point_at 20*z
	fade_distance 2*pi fade_power 2
}

cylinder{0,-0.001*z,0.5
	texture{pigment{hexagon rgb 0, rgbt 1, rgb 0 rotate <90,0,10> scale 0.05}}
	scale <5,5,1> translate -20*z
}

box{-100,100 hollow
	texture{pigment{rgbt 1}}
	interior{media{scattering{2,1}density{rgb 0.001}}}
}
//Code End

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: